Here are some tips to help prepare you for whatever situation may arise.
Regardless of the season, it’s always a good idea to keep a vehicle stocked with essential items. These include the obvious, like windshield scraper and brush, flashlight, extra batteries, jumper cables, first-aid kit, cell phone charger, blanket and tire gauge. There are also some that are not as obvious.
10 things you should keep in your car, and why:
1. Disinfectant wipes: Can use for many things, such as cleaning up a spill to cleaning dirty hands.
2. USB mobile device charger: Important to have in case there is ever a moment when your phone might run out of battery.
3. Energy bars: These snacks are non-perishable and will hold you over if ever stuck waiting for assistance.
4. Bottled water: Important to stay hydrated when on the road.
5. Maps: Yes, the paper kind. Always important to keep an updated map so you know where you are.
6. WD-40: Can loosen a lug nut or protect rubber truck molding.
7. Duct tape: Great for temporary fixes, such as holding your muffler in place.
8. Flares or reflective triangle: Important to have so you don’t get hit on the side of the road.
9. Utility knife: This multipurpose tool can handle a numerous amount of problems that may arise.
10. Matches: Keep a couple matchbooks in a freezer bag so that they stay dry. Good to have just in case, you never know when you might need them.
Although the list is extensive, many of the things that people keep in their cars varies with their needs. Also, this list may sound like a lot, but a lot of this stuff does not take up too much space.
Post a Comment