Regardless of the season, it’s always a good idea to keep a vehicle stocked with essential items. These include the obvious, like windshield scraper and brush, flashlight, extra batteries, jumper cables, first-aid kit, cell phone charger, blanket and tire gauge.
Many of the things that people keep in their cars vary with their needs. There are also some that are not as obvious. Here are some items to help prepare you for whatever situation may arise.
10 items you should keep in your car, and why:
2. USB mobile device charger:Important to have in case there is ever a moment when your phone might run out of battery.
3. Energy bars: These snacks are non-perishable and will hold you over if ever stuck waiting for assistance.
4. Bottled water: Important to stay hydrated when on the road.
6. WD-40: Can loosen a lug nut or protect rubber truck molding.
7. Duct tape: Great for temporary fixes, such as holding your muffler in place.
8. Flares or reflective triangle: Important to have so you don’t get hit on the side of the road.
10. Matches: Keep a couple matchbooks in a freezer bag so that they stay dry. Good to have just in case, you never know when you might need them.
You can keep all these items stored nice and organized inside your Fleetwest transferable truck body. Fleetwest offers numerous options to help keep you more organized, safe and efficient, such as:
- Custom shelving and storage bins
- Drawers with multi-sized dividers
- 1000 lb. slides
- LED lighting
Call Fleetwest today for a quote at (866) 497-7200