Now that the temperatures are cooling down, it's time to think about your winter maintenance. Routine truck maintenance is always an important process to keep trucks in working order. Not only does it reduce the risk of potential mechanical failures, there are additional benefits such as increased longevity, resale value and improved fuel economy. There are many technologies and techniques for fleet maintenance that can help increase fuel efficiency up to 10%.
Here are some tips that can help you save this winter:
- Make sure that your truck’s tires have adequate thread depth and air pressure. Keeping tires properly inflated alone can increase gas mileage by 3%
- Regularly replace clogged air filters
- Park in warmer areas to increase the initial temperature of your pickup’s engine
- Replace old batteries-most last three to five years (less in extreme heat or cold)
- Use the recommended grade of motor oil
- Combine trips whenever possible to avoid driving with a cold engine
- Remove accessories that increase wind resistance-winter weather may require some vehicle modifications
- Try a more efficient vehicle. ½ ton pickups allow greater opportunity for fuel savings and efficiency.
Don't forget about safety either; alter the way you drive to be safer on the road as well. Applying all these techniques in addition to installing a transferable truck body by Fleetwest, will offer remarkable savings and allow more room for the optimization of your fleet!
Fleetwest has many options for ½ ton pickup truck configurations with lightweight fiberglass composite and steel models that are 100% transferable. These service bodies require a no holes drilled installation and are available with many options that make it possible to efficiently store tools and equipment all the while cutting back on fuel costs and increasing resale value!
For more information on the transferable service bodies by Fleetwest visit our website www.Fleetwest.net or call Toll Free in the U.S. at (866) 497 – 7200.