Being on the road is a unique scenario because there is no safety accountability. It is in the hands of the driver to perform tasks in a safety conscience matter. The actions of drivers can effect the company's image in either a positive or negative way. Reckless driving can mean pricey injury and insurance costs. Worst of all, an accident or bad driving behavior can ruin the reputation of a company. Unfortunately, the driver is not only responsible for their own driving. They also need to look out for others on the road.
Tips for improving driver safety:
- Communicate - communication is important throughout the company, from the management to drivers and customers. Communicating the importance of safety will improve driver accountability on the road.
- Technology Concerns - technology and driving has good and bad impacts. There has been a significant increase in cell phone related accidents in the past year. Consider hands-free communication devises, or simply have a no tolerance rule when it comes to talking and driving. Technology has also come a long way to help improve fleets. Mobile apps are available to located cheap gas, identify speed limits, and keep track of drive time. When applied safely, technology can benefit a fleet rather than harm drivers on the road.
- Driver Accountability - tracking driver safety habits is a way to review good or bad practices and discuss them for fleet improvement. The pitfall to these technologies are the expense as well as expressing a mistrust of the driver. The best way to integrate vehicle tracking is through incentive programs and good communication.
- The Right Equipment - Fleet vehicles are generally large and warrant more laws of the road. Knowing different laws from state to state, such as weigh stations, is important. Fleetwest Transferable Truck Bodies offer Load'N'Go and Durashell models for work trucks that are safe, secure, and lightweight.
|Load'N'Go Security Top|
- The Security-Top has secure double locking compartments, both cylinder and pad-lockable T-handles.
- A removable top that exposes the bed of the pickup truck for ease of work also securely shuts to protect tools and equipment from theft or damage.
- A 1000 pound capacity drawer with stainless steel locks adds secure storage to the Security-Top.
- Side compartments provide organized, customizable storage.
- Pictured above with a hydraulic ladder rack, the Security-Top can store large ladders atop work trucks that are easily and safely accessible.
- As shown on the Fit Guide, the Security-Top fits long and short bed popular model pickup trucks by Chevy, GMC, Dodge, and Ford.