Here are some tips that can help you save this winter:
• Make sure that your truck’s tires have adequate thread depth and air pressure.
Keeping tires properly inflated alone can increase gas mileage by 3%
• Regularly replace clogged air filters
• Park in warmer areas to increase the initial temperature of your pickup’s engine
• Use the recommended grade of motor oil
• Combine trips whenever possible to avoid driving with a cold engine
• Remove accessories that increase wind resistance
• Try a more efficient vehicle. ½ ton pickups allow greater opportunity for fuel
savings and efficiency.
Applying techniques that support increased measures for fuel efficiency offer remarkable savings and allow more room for the optimization of your fleet with transferable truck bodies! Fleetwest has many options for ½ ton configurations. The Durashell 145 and 175 model is made of a lightweight fiberglass composite and is 100% transferable. It requires no holes drilled installation and is available with many options that make it possible to efficiently store tools and equipment, while cutting back on fuel costs. Durashell even offers a CNG model!
For more information on the Durashell 145 and 175 or the rest of the Durashell line go to our website www.fleetwest.net or call Toll Free in the U.S. at (866) 497 – 7200.