Did you know that trucks are more frequently targeted by thieves than any other vehicle?
This is because catalytic converters are sold for a resale value at metal recycling centers for approximately $50 to $250. Converters that contain platinum, palladium, and rhodium are considered of greater value and therefore, more precious to thieves.
Trucks are considered easier targets for catalytic converter theft because thieves can slide under the truck to cut-out or unbolt converters in less than one minute undetected. According to Allstate Insurance, replacing catalytic converters can cost up to $1000, depending on the converter type. Preventative measures can be taken to protect your pickup from catalytic converter theft.
Here are some tips to follow:
- Park in well-lit areas
- Park as close as possible to building entrances
- Make your converter traceable by engraving a plate number onto it
- Make sure that your converter is secured to the vehicles frame
- Purchase a vehicle security system that triggers when it senses even the slightest of motions near precious parts on your vehicle
Security is one of the many values expressed by Fleetwest Transferable Truck Bodies. Models of both the Durashell and Load’N’Go lines are equipped with features that prevent valuable tools and equipment from being stolen; as well as technician safety in mind.
Fleetwest’s Load’N’Go Security Top is a good example of these features.
- Double locking side and rear doors
- Double walled side doors
- Heavy duty 16 gauge steel construction
- 1000 pound capacity drawer
- All cargo areas keep tools & equipment safe and secure
- Leave your tailgate on!
Check out one of our fully loaded Security Tops on our YouTube channel here.
For more information on Fleetwest Transferable Truck Bodies call us Toll-Free in the U.S. at (866) 497 – 7200 or visit us online at www.Fleetwest.net